Job description :
The candidate will be responsible to
- Deploy the VM Ware infrastructure.
- Guide the deployment till completion
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific project tasks related to her/his specialty.
The VMWare Engineer must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
- Implement, maintain and adapt the configuration of the VM Ware Infrastructure;
- Advises the project team and the customer in areas such as availability management, capacity management, contingency planning, configuration management, replacement/upgrade of outdated equipment/software, and other relevant tasks related to the role and the domain of VMWare;
- Maintains the relevant documentation/manuals/procedures describing VMWare and their infrastructure of the customer;
- Provides input in order to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the specific ICT domains as described below
- At least 3 years’ experience with VMWare version V6;
- In depth knowledge of server virtualization software (VMware vSphere, VMware ESX) and server clustering techniques (VMware);
- Able to interpret capacity/performance numbers/reports based on the usage of a VMware environment and act accordingly to improve/optimize performance.
- In depth knowledge, to support, install and design VMWare environments;
- In depth knowledge of VMware virtual networking and understanding how to design/implement/adapt.
- Able to configure identity and access management (Windows Active Directory and LDAP) and centralized IT security policy management;
- Linux Redhat (preferable knowledge)
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of administration/operations of VMWare.
- VMWare Certified Professional (Specialization: DataCenter Virtualisation) VCP6-DCV
Location: Strasbourg (France) and then Sankt Johann (Austria) after few months
Start date: 15/07/2020
End date: 30/04/2021 with possible extension
Languages: EN (FR is an asset)
Mandatory: Security clearance (EU secret level)