For one of our clients in the financial sector we are looking for a System Architect to support the system team in managing the global client infrastructure, including virtualization stacks, Microsoft systems (incl. Active Directory), Storage and Backup.
The team will be including two engineers working together with a System Architect and a Lead Engineer. The contract will include wide range of system operations from simple incident management to continuous improvement as well as coordinating the activities of the other suppliers acting in some specifics processes and activities within the organization for example within the change management process.
The System Architect will be acting as technology single point of contact (SPoC) for the client and will be involved in various meeting with suppliers and other teams in order to validate system architecture aspects with service operations during the normal lifecycle of the infrastructure, projects and client requirements. The System Architect will also be working on the obsolescence management and will be the key person for technical questions within the system team.
Main activities will be executed during the normal operation windows but occasionally could be operated during the night or over the weekend for planned changes for example. On-call service will be organized within the team to cover any critical issue outside operating hours.
- Microsoft Technologies (Windows 20xx, WSUS, AD, DNS, DHCP, Clustering, SCCM, SQL)
- Virtualization using VMware vCenter Server Virtual Appliance
- CyberSecurity General Knowledge
- Global Knowledge in Network Protocols and Cloud Technologies
- HPe Infrastructure & Servers Technologies (ProLiant BL/DL, iLO, OneView & VCM)
- Storage Technologies (HPe C7000 & XP7, NetApp)
- Backup Technologies (Legato EMC NetWorker, Veeam & Cohesity)
- ServiceNOW & BMC Release Process Management - BRPM (user knowledge)
- MCSE Certification MANDATORY
- ITIL V3 (or ideally V4) Foundation Mandatory, Service Operations and/or CSI is an asset
- Any Cybersecurity and/or Cloud Certification is a strong asset
- English: Proficient MANDATORY
- French: will be a very big asset
- Medior to Senior (minimum 5 years within IT systems) with a previous experiences on complex infrastructure.
- Team player with excellent communication skills spoken and written in English and preferably in French too.
- Ability to work in autonomy on various tasks while keep helping system team to solve complex issues.
- Ability to learn new technologies and products to help the client during their IT landscape changes.
- Flexible and willing to provide the client with best in class service, especially in the details and behaviors.
Function: System Architect
Location: Belgium, Brussels (on-site)
Languages: EN MANDATORY (+ FR is an asset)
Start date: mid Oct 2020
End date: 31/12/2022
Please feel free to forward your resume to us even if the role is not a 100% fit. This way we will be able to reach out to you directly in case of a more suitable opportunity for you in the future.