Main Functions :
The Back Up and Storage Engineer will deploy the storage and backup solution.
He/She will be responsible to
- Physical deployment of the storage and backup solution
- Guide the deployment till completion
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific project tasks related to her/his specialty.
The Back Up and Storage Engineer must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
- Implement, maintain and adapt the configuration of storage and back-up software and system components;
- Advises the project team and the customer in areas such as availability management, capacity management, contingency planning, configuration management, replacement/upgrade of outdated equipment/software, and other relevant tasks related to the role and the domain of storage and back-up;
- Maintains the relevant documentation/manuals/procedures describing the storage and back-up systems and their infrastructure of the customer;
- Provides input in order to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the specific ICT domain of storage and backup;
· In-depth experience of storage and back-up solutions, in particular of specific HP storage/back-up solutions, i.e.
- Selected storage solution
- HP StoreOnce,
- Knowledge of storage/back-up solutions in general
- Knowledge and experience of VEEAM (certification preferred);
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of other elements in the customer’s environment (VMware, RedHat Linux).
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of administration/operations of storage and backup systems.
Function: Storage and Back up System Engineer
Location: Strasbourg (France) and then Sankt Johann (Austria) after a few months
Start date: 15/07/2020
End date: 30/04/2021 with possible extension
Languages: EN (FR is an asset)
Mandatory: Security clearance (EU secret level)