Function: Senior Java Software Developer
Duration: Long-term contract
The successful candidate would have:
- experience in Angular 2
- experience with Java
- good communication skills in English.
- minimum 5years’ experience in the domain
Services Description and Deliverables
o Work with the company’s subject matter experts to gather business requirements and any other relevant input;
o Perform analysis of existing solutions and additional/new end user requirements;
o Design applications and micro-services addressing these requirements;
o Implement applications and micro-services considering the technology stack and following the processes approved by the FinApps team;
o Implement automated test cases (unit tests, acceptance tests);
o Test (unit test, integration test, system test, performance test) applications and micro-services;
o Support the business users during user acceptance testing and obtain business sign-off;
o Provide documentation, reporting, and change management related to applications and micro-services;
o Identify risks and liaise on issues related to changes;
o Act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to new and current industry practices;
o Maintain customer relationships within different divisions across the company to ensure smooth communication;
o Support and operate the required development tools as well as the developed applications themselves.
o Provide requirements documents and user stories, following the structure and formats approved by the FinApps team;
o Design documents, following the structure and formats approved by the FinApps team; o Source code, configuration, and automated tests, checked in to the provided versioning system (currently Git), along with documentation (e.g., Javadoc and Asciidoc);
o Test results, following the structure and formats approved by the FinApps team;
o Perform tasks related to the change management process (request for changes, approval & sign-off tickets in the ticketing system ServiceNow);
o Perform tasks related to operator and end-user documentation;
o Create and execute trainings;
o Perform meeting infrastructure sprint planning, daily Scrum meeting, sprint review, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming.
1) Technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent degree (mandatory);
- Minimum of 5 years’ development and rollout experience with Java in a professional environment (mandatory);
- Good experience with automatic testing, e.g., JUnit, Cucumber ( mandatory);
- Good experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, and Hibernate ( mandatory);
- Good experience with the use of version control systems, e.g., Subversion, BitBucket, Git, Mercurial ( mandatory);
- Experience with Apache Camel
- Solid experience with Angular 2 or comparable web framework;
- Experience with continuous integration and continues delivery pipelines, e.g., Jenkins (desired);
- Experience with column oriented database solutions, e.g. Apache Cassandra (desired);
- Experience with micro-services monitoring solutions, e.g., ElasticStack (desired);
- Experience with containerized environments, e.g., Docker (desired).
2) Functional Skills
· Good experience in a finance or capital markets environment (strong asset).
3) Methodological Skills
- Good experience of working in IT projects (mandatory), preferably in a financial services context;
- Good experience in agile software development, preferably Scrum (mandatory);
- Experience in DevOps (desired);
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, actuals tracking, project reporting (desired).
4) Soft Skills
- Proven customer oriented change management communication skills;
- Structured and systematic approach to addressing challenges;
- Good project management skills: ability to manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines andshifting priorities;
- Ability to document clear and complete business requirements;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in providing reporting and other communications at a senior management level;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
Please feel free to forward your resume to us even if the role is not a 100% fit, as this way we will be able to reach out to you directly in case of a more suitable opportunity for you in the future.