This is an opportunity for an experienced IT Service Manager who has a strong background in CI/CD and DevOps.
Please note that this position will require on-site presence, depending on local safety regulations and quarantine laws.
- Proven and successful experience in running IT services;
- Proven experience in managing multi-project full CI/CD pipelines;
- Promote knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across organizations;
- Configuration management tools;
- Committed to quality standards;
- Troubleshooting complex CI/CD issues;
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written English.
- Software development background;
- Cloud CI/CD skills, in particular on AWS;
- Ability to influence and motivate.
Software development languages and tools:
- Bamboo, Nexus;
- SVN, GIT, BitBucket, Fisheye;
- Crucible, SonarQube;
- Maven, npm;
System & application management:
- Linux server administration
- Application servers (Apache, WildFly, Tomcat, NodeJS)
- Working with containers (i.e. docker)
- Working with database systems (e.g. MySQL, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Monitoring systems (desirable).
One of the IP Portal program objectives is to establish a wide Common CI/CD pipeline to be used by all the teams that develop software for the company. Until now, the IP Portal delivered a functional CI/CD pipeline based on Bamboo and Nexus, which is currently used by over 30 projects across the organization.
In phase 2 of the IP Portal program, the objective is to extend the current pipeline, onboard the remaining applications, support the existing applications, and promote a software development culture around DevOps and the use of the CI/CD pipeline.
The purpose of this assignment is to manage and improve the CI/CD service, as well as advocate for a DevOps culture across the organization.
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline service by providing technical support and guidance to the teams that use the pipeline (e.g. build issues, plan updates, pipeline configuration);
- Liaise with business lines to fully onboard projects onto the CI/CD pipeline;
- Liaise with the IT Ops team to manage the CI/CD infrastructure and improve/extend the current CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Nexus artifact repository, Bamboo build server, SonarQube code quality tool, code repositories, etc.);
- Liaise with the information security team to fully align with any required security procedures and integrated any needed security tools;
- Troubleshoot any CI/CD issues;
- Promote knowledge sharing and a DevOps culture across organizations;
- As needed, implement proof of concepts and perform technical research with the goal to improve the existing pipeline and help the development teams better perform their job;
- Manage quality checking procedures.
The above objectives are for information purpose only and are subject to change if required.
The CI/CD IT Service Manager will work closely with various technical teams to manage and extend the current CI/CD pipeline, while also provide support and guidance to the business and technical teams that use the pipeline.
Other responsibilities will include :
- Produce an in-depth evaluation report of the current CI/CD pipeline review;
- Liaise with Developers across those business lines to present the tools (and their benefits) and how to use them;
- Once a project is on-boarded, work with the Dev teams to populate the repository and maintain the system on an ongoing basis, addressing any issues and perform problem solving activities on any pipeline-related issues that the development teams cannot solve;
- Provide feedback and guidance to the appropriate forums to improve the software development and deployment process;
- Promote knowledge sharing across software development teams and work to achieve a better understanding and usage of the DevOps culture across the organization;
- Maintain an up-to-date pipeline documentation, including details about each on-boarded project, as well as produce technical reports on the various pipeline extension activities.
- CI/CD pipeline evaluation report, including improvement suggestions;
- CI/CD pipeline extensions and improvements;
- New CI/CD on-boarded projects;
- Wiki updates on the support and new onboarding details;
- Workshops and other knowledge sharing and culture shaping events;
- Technical reports;
- Documentation for the executed work.
Please feel free to forward your resume to us even if the role is not a 100% fit, as this way we will be able to reach out to you directly in case of a more suitable opportunity for you.